5/31/2011

Peanut Wraps

Another peanut sauce recipe, I think I could drink that stuff. The kids loved it, they even liked the broccoli slaw in it. I found it here


Ingredients:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tbs cooking oil
4 cups broccoli slaw ( I didn't used that much, just cooked a few handfuls, whatever looks like how much you would eat)
1 medium red onion I didn't have any fresh onion, so I just used the dehydrated ones
1 tsp grated fresh ginger ( I used powdered since that was what I had)
Tortillas

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs water
3 tbs cooking oil
1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed garlic cloves or garlic powder

Directions:
Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium-high until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm.
In same skillet add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger. Cook until crisp but tender.

Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients, heat and stir until dissolved.

Serve by layering the veggies, chicken, and sauce in a tortilla. Wrap it up. Eat it up. Makes 6-8 wraps, it really does make that many so if you are really hungry and want more than 6-8 wraps, make more chicken and broccoli, we had no leftovers.

No comments: