9/13/2010

Crockpot Sausage and Tortellini Stew

I made this for Sunday dinner yesterday.  Rob and I liked it and ate the leftovers for lunch today.  The kids picked out the sausage and tortellini to eat since they aren't tomato or onion fans.

Ingredients:
4 sweet Italian sausage links
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes with basil, garlic, & oregano
1 pk (9 oz) frozen cut green beans
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini

Remove the casing from the sausage and form into small balls (about 1/2 inch diameter).  Stir tomatoes, beans, onion and seasoning. Add the sausage and cook in slow cooker for 3 hrs on HIGH. When 20 minutes is left, add tortellini and 1 cup of water.

I couldn't find crushed tomatoes with the added ingredients so I used diced.  I left out the green beans since I'm the only one that will eat them, but added about a 1/4 head of cabbage since it came in the Bountiful Basket the day before.  I never add a whole onion to anything...maybe 1/4.  I used a package of frozen tortellini.

No comments: